Friday, October 14, 2011

One Day You're Here...

Happy Friday everybody!!  It's funny the titles of all my blog posts are song titles or song lyrics.  HA!  I guess I am a human jukebox. 

But today's blog title was more befitting than every!  I woke in a reflective mood this morning.  Although its the weekend and we are all happy about that, my weekend will have a little sadness to go along with it.  I have to attend some memorial activities and events from on of my beloved sorority sisters.  When I shared the news with people that did not know her they ask well how old was she, was she sick, what happened?  It's hard to answer those questions.  She wasn't very old not even 50 yet.  Her demise came so quickly and unexpectedly and was a major shock to us all.  But her sudden death made me really think about how life is a gift and people including myself take it for granted sometimes. 

So the song of the day is UGK's "One Day U Here" which is the title of the blog today.  By the way... "Riding Dirty" is a classic album, just saying!  I regress...but seriously think about that statement.  One day you are here "among the living" as the old folks say and the next day "death" has stopped by and paid a visit.  The church folks say no man knows the day nor the hour but we all have to go...  So why do we waste our precious time in negativity and doubt?  I mean really... while I was driving in this morning I was thinking about a lot of things.  About future plans and where I want to be in the next 10 or 15 years from now.  Then I realized... the only thing I need to worry about is the right now... TODAY!  Because tomorrow is not promised.  I said a prayer and told the Lord "THANK YA!!!!"  For real though yall... it's something that we all need to think about.  We think oh well we are young... well young folks are dying out quicker than old people.  I had three of my mother's siblings to pass away before my 96 year old great- aunt.  So age means nothing!  Our lives are planned out before we are born.  We have a purpose...  it's just up to us to ask for guidance so that we won't be going against God's Will. 

The reason I chose to write about this today is because all of us everybody... you, me, your momma and cousins and 'nem need to let the craziness and foolishness go.  Squash the beefs, forgive and forget, let go of any regrets, learn from your experiences, and live your life like T.I. and Ri Ri (go ahead and sing the song!)  You never know when death will be at your doorstep.  And thats real!

So take a min and say a prayer and be thankful for waking up this morning and make a change for the better.  We all have something that we can improve about ourselves.  Me??  Well, I play it safe not a big risk taker and a bit of a worry wart... but I plan on doing some other stuff to make my days on this earth better for me and those around me.  If I had to take a page out of my sorority sister's book of life I would be as active and full of life and joy as she was when she was alive; do all the things I love to do and put my all in it. 

"Everybody dies but not everybody lives!"  Enjoy your moments for life!

And that's how Flo sees it!

No comments:

Post a Comment